To add a port to the HaikuPorts tree, you have to:
- Create a patch for the software's original source tree. It is important that this patch is generated in such a way that HaikuPorter can automatically apply the patch. See CreatePatch.
- Rename the patch like such: <portname>-<version>.patch. For example, a patch for libsdl version 1.2.12 would be named libsdl-1.2.12.patch
- Create the BepFile. Here's an example for libsdl-1.2.12.
- Place the BepFile and patch - at the right location - in your local HaikuPorts tree. Look up to what category your port belongs at http://gentoo-portage.com. The port name should also match the one on Gentoo Portage.
- The BepFile should go in category/portname
- The patch should go in category/portname/patches
- Test the BepFile and patch with HaikuPorter. Make sure HaikuPorter is able to download, unpack, patch, build and install your port.
- Commit the BepFile and patch to the repository. Place only BepFiles and patches in the repository.
Add your port to the list here: AddPort?